Dr. James W. McManaway III is a board certified ophthalmologist that has been practicing in Hershey since 1989. He opened his own private practice, Hershey Pediatric Ophthalmology Associates P.C., in 2003. He is well-known for his expertise in working with children and helping them with any eye-related issues.
Dr. McManaway is licensed to practice medicine in Pennsylvania, and Virginia and is one of the best-rated ophthalmologists in Hershey. He is a highly experienced doctor, with over 25 years of practice in ophthalmology and is highly regarded by his patients who value the amount of time and individual care he gives them.
Education, Work History, & Board Certifications
• University of Virginia, 1976–1980; Phi Beta Kappa 1980
• Medical College of Virginia in Richmond, Virginia, 1980–1984
• Ophthalmology Residency, Medical College of Virginia in Richmond, Virginia, 1985–1988
• Pediatric Ophthalmology Fellowship, Duke University, 1988-1989
• Hershey Medical Center, Department of Ophthalmology in Pennsylvania, 1989–2003
• Hershey Pediatric Ophthalmology Associates, P.C. 2003–Present
• Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology in 1989
Dr. McManaway and his wife Cindy have been married since 1985. They have two daughters. The eldest, Ann, is married and works as a CPA in California. Their youngest daughter, Alyssa, lives in Virginia, and will soon be a high school biology teacher. Dr. McManaway thoroughly enjoys bicycling and spending time with his family.
Meet Our Staff
Erin—Receptionist since 2010
Robin—Medical Assistant 2010
Christine—Medical Assistant since 2011
Kim—Medical Biller since 2003
Contact us in Hershey, Pennsylvania, to find out why Dr. McManaway is so well-known and recommended.